Liberty OTS GTY balcony locations typically?

We have never booked a GTY balcony before. We have booked but switched to something that before sailing. This time that might not happen. 

Where are Liberty OTS GTY balcony cabins typically located? Are there any horrible places you really don't want to be or specific cabins? We are gonna take a stab at Royal UP in suites only. 

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No such thing as typical. Could be any available cabin in that category.

Someone else will have to answer the rest.

Oh wow I thought it was like totally deck 6 forward. I mean we are just grateful to be on this cruise, took a 400 dollar hit to cancel another cruise for this one. Thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow I thought it was like totally deck 6 forward. I mean we are just grateful to be on this cruise, took a 400 dollar hit to cancel another cruise for this one. Thanks for the info. 

No problem. The only logical reason you have a better chance of getting what you would consider a less desirable cabin is b/c people who chose theirs obviously wouldn't pick those.

It's less of an issue with the interior GTY's I have booked. No obstructed view, lol. and where one person likes to be we may not... and vice versa.

Booked a guaranty balcony on Explorer in April. When I booked I looked at the available balcony cabins and made an educated guess which would be available when mine was assigned. I then checked for videos or pictures of those cabins to verify no obstructions. Made the booking as a guaranty was almost half the price of choose your own. Cabin was assigned pretty much where I thought and was fine. The price made it worth the gamble to me.

19 minutes ago, Villageidiot said:

Booked a guaranty balcony on Explorer in April. When I booked I looked at the available balcony cabins and made an educated guess which would be available when mine was assigned. I then checked for videos or pictures of those cabins to verify no obstructions. Made the booking as a guaranty was almost half the price of choose your own. Cabin was assigned pretty much where I thought and was fine. The price made it worth the gamble to me.

Love that story and ingenuity to figure out where your cabin would probably be. I will try the set sail pass trick but that won't be till September. 

I will try and follow what you did right now. Look at available cabins and try to make some sort of guess. Excellent ideas, thanks. 

Well I guess I should have checked before I posted. Balcony cabins on our cruise are SOLD OUT! Holy crap, sold out. I guess that means we might be in a not so great location. It might help maybe with Royal UP if they are trying to make room for people to book regular balconies. I guess ya never know.