Icy Straight Pt Gondola and Zip Rider

baltodave

I apologize if this has already been asked...

We will be on Radiance OTS stopping at Icy Straight Point, Alaska on June 19.  We haven't booked an excursion there and just want to ride the gondola up the mountain and take the zip rider down (looks like lots of fun).  Anyway, we couldn't find this excursion of RC's cruise planner and want to know if we can purchase tickets for this at the port when we get off the ship.  Also what does it cost?'

Thanks!

Looks like last year the gondola direct was $50 pp.  

It appears the Goldbelt Tram in Juneau also raised it prices to $50 so that seems to be the going rate but there is more to do at the top in Juneau.  

The zip line is fun.  This was in 2018 when we had to ride a bus up the mountain.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks like last year the gondola direct was $50 pp.  

It appears the Goldbelt Tram in Juneau also raised it prices to $50 so that seems to be the going rate but there is more to do at the top in Juneau.  

The zip line is fun.  This was in 2018 when we had to ride a bus up the mountain.

Thanks @twangster !  Looks like the weather was great when you were there.  We absolutely can't wait for this trip (our first to Alaska and first on Radiance).  We're also hitting "Diamond" during this cruise so looking forward to the 2 that follow (Mariner in Sept/Oct '23 and the RCB Group cruise in Panama Mar '24)

The weather was foggy when we first arrived.  I did the zip line twice that day.

I had pre-booked an early time at a discount.  Then when I got there I found out why they discount the very early times, early morning fog happens sometimes.  When I saw how nice the day turned out I paid for another run on the zipline posted above.

This was the early run.

Hi-

I’ve been wondering the same. We will be there on August 24th. I emailed RCL and this was their reply-

“Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursions Inquiry Team and for choosing us as your vacation guide.

We regret any inconvenience caused due to this itinerary change. When this type of situation occurs, it could take up to 2 weeks for new tours to be uploaded; sometimes it could take longer. Our inventory team is working with our tour operators to get new tours for your itinerary as soon as possible.

We encourage you to keep checking periodically our Cruise Planner website and to book your favorite tours as soon as they become available.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.“

I’ve been checking the app everyday hoping that it will appear. Will you please let me know if it becomes available on your Cruise Planner, or if you are able to buy the tickets in person?

Thanks and have a great trip!
Susan