Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim vs VIP Dolphin Swim & Surprise Excursion Question

HolyShip

Hello, Royal Friends!

1.) I have flipped Google upside down trying to find the difference between the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Swim and Beach Day and Blue Lagoon Island VIP Swim with Dolphins and Beach Day, and besides there being a lunch offering in one versus the other, I see no other differences. I called the tour operator, and they said the group size is the same, but the representative wasn't entirely certain. I was wondering if it was their Royal Swim, but I'm not sure. Do any of you folks know? This is a bucket list item of theirs, so I have zero problems purchasing the VIP swim over the normal swim. I don't know if this excursion includes a VIP Blue Lagoon Island day (whatever that is) or just the swim?

2.) Secondly, and this applies to anyone that has ever booked an excursion through Royal: I want to surprise my significant other with this excursion - it's on their bucket list to be with a dolphin (instead of me I guess 😂). I'd like to surprise them right before we leave the ship for the excursion, but having never sailed with RCCL, do they distribute excursion tickets or share/brief your excursion with you in such a way that it'd either be worth telling my SO the day of departure or prior to the cruise so that the surprise doesn't get revealed by someone other than me? I hope this makes sense. Basically, I don't want the (lovely, awesome, and hard working) people at RCCL to reveal it whether that's them handing an excursion ticket once we board with the excursion name on it, etc. 

I made the mistake of looking at how dolphins have predatory nature and can harm humans, so that was a bad idea researching that. I will just cross my fingers that everything will be okay. lol

Thank you all for your help!

Hi @HolyShip

I don't know the full answer, but I *think* the VIP includes both the activities from the Dolphin Encounter as well as the Dolphin Swim so more time in the water.  Plus the lunch of course.  I honestly think the Swim is probably enough.

Excursion tickets will be placed in an envelope on your bed when rooms are opened up so just be sure to get that envelope. (Like the old days of getting the mail in the days around when you expected report cards to come...).  Then, I think your move might be to get off the ship and direct your significant other to the Blue Lagoon line and then spill the beans on what you're doing.

We did the Swim and it was really nice.  Amazing, intelligent and powerful creatures.

5 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Hi @HolyShip

I don't know the full answer, but I *think* the VIP includes both the activities from the Dolphin Encounter as well as the Dolphin Swim so more time in the water.  Plus the lunch of course.  I honestly think the Swim is probably enough.

Excursion tickets will be placed in an envelope on your bed when rooms are opened up so just be sure to get that envelope. (Like the old days of getting the mail in the days around when you expected report cards to come...).  Then, I think your move might be to get off the ship and direct your significant other to the Blue Lagoon line and then spill the beans on what you're doing.

We did the Swim and it was really nice.  Amazing, intelligent and powerful creatures.

Xaa, your post made my day! And gave me a chuckle about the report card hiding - something that I am not going to confess that I did on a public forum of course. 😛

I am really glad you enjoyed the swim! I have been stalking the excursion availability obsessively and finally landed a reservation. I was thrilled!

I love your suggestion about spilling the beans at the Blue Lagoon line, and I will definitely grab the envelope first. 🙂