xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 21, 2023 - May 28, 2023 (7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise)

We flew British Airlines from BOS -> LHR and LHR -> BOS.  Only direct flights we could find.  We wanted to keep flight time at a minimum, due to my ill wife.  Cost was not the priority.  Flight time is about 6.5 hours.

Due to the luggage we were carrying we wanted private transportation in England.  Medical equipment, medical  supplies, and a wheelchair on top of all our regular luggage for 2 weeks (B2B).  So we used British Express Cars for our ground transportation - that worked out great for us.  https://www.britishexpresscars.co.uk/

Stayed at the Premier Inn Stains upon Thames in London near LHR.  It was very nice.  https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/surrey/staines/staines-upon-thames.html

Also stayed at the Doubletree in Southampton which was OK, but wouldn't stay there again.  https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/souhndi-doubletree-southampton/

It looks like next year the Anthem will not do Norway B2B, but there does seem to be 2 cruise choices.  Which one are you sailing?  I would love to come back!

@snowhiteheather  You are welcome.

It looks like Anthem will not only do the Fjords next year on May 12th, but will do two possible B2Bs: Jun 14th + Jun 21st and Jul 5th + Jul 12th.  We did ours in May and so I like that you picked that cruise.  I would worry that Jun and Jul might have less snow left on the Fjord mountains and so you might not see as many waterfalls.  I guess it is a trade-off of colder weather and more spectacular views vs warmer weather and less spectacular views...

28 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@snowhiteheather  You are welcome.

It looks like Anthem will not only do the Fjords next year on May 12th, but will do two possible B2Bs: Jun 14th + Jun 21st and Jul 5th + Jul 12th.  We did ours in May and so I like that you picked that cruise.  I would worry that Jun and Jul might have less snow left on the Fjord mountains and so you might not see as many waterfalls.  I guess it is a trade-off of colder weather and more spectacular views vs warmer weather and less spectacular views...

I live in Florida, so I welcome all cooler weather! Those pics are beautiful,  I can't wait! I need to plan all of my excursions.  

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 21, 2023 - May 28, 2023 (7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise)