Best Hotels in Ravenna and Venice Near The Ports

Cory

Taking a cruise this August and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of hotels near the port of Ravenna, maybe walking distance?  If not walking distance where did you stay that had some things to do, bars, restaurants etc.  

Also hotels in Venice that you liked. 

Thanks

I stayed at Hotel Principe while in Venice.  I had a room that had a balcony over the canal.  This was a big stretch on my budget but I truly enjoyed the view.  There was a great breakfast place across the street, a grocery store where we picked up wine and snacks to hang out on our balcony and all sorts of shopping as well as public transportation within a decent walk.  The area seemed safe, though I’m sure like most cities pickpockets were around.  We had one storekeeper warn us to be careful of the pickpockets. 

13 minutes ago, Cory said:

Do you know how long the train ride is to Ravenna?

thanks for the info!

The train takes 2-3 hours.  You change in Ferrara or Bologna….there is no direct train between Venice and Ravenna. 

We are staying at the M Club Delux B&B in Ravenna this coming October.  The owner has arranged transportation to the terminal for us on embarkation day 

In Venice, we’re staying a couple nights at the Marriott by the airport.