Dancing on the Quantum OTS

FSUFAN

Technically not a shore excursion question.  But - We are sailing on the Quantum OTS to Alaska in June. 

Do they have a place for or offer slow dancing?  I'm talking about ballroom type dancing.  Cheek-to-Cheek dancing.  Couples in love dancing.

Not the stuff of a typical night club or DJ club full of 20-somethings.  

Ex competition dancer here; however I have never been on Q. This is my take from these photos alone (which I found on cruise deck plans website). 

Music Hall looks like it has a decent floor for a cruise ship - much better than the postage stamp size of a typical Viking Crown Lounge, and also looks to be a little wider than the forward lounges on the Freedom class. You should be able to get in a nice foxtrot or waltz here - depending on who is playing of course.

639771415661632.webp

You should be able to get a nice rhumba in at Boleros too. 

71391423868459.webp

I don't believe 270 is really set up for dancing; I believe it is set up for their shows only. Again, I'm assuming from pictures.

I think a big part of you getting your slow dance on at these venues will depend on whatever bands / DJs they have during your sailing. 

We were on the Voyager OTS last October and a duo group (maybe Husband and Wife) played songs a few times in, I think, it was the Star Lounge.  He had a synth machine that played bass, percussion and some background chords while he played a guitar, and she sang.  It was ok but very informal. I am hoping for something more substantial on the larger Quantum. Fingers crossed.

I guess the type of dancing I am looking for is kind of on the way out. 

1 hour ago, FloatyBoaty said:

I have seen "Recorded Ballroom Music" listed in the Entertainment section on the app. Can't remember which venue it was in or time or anything - but - might end up as an option for you?

yeah, Pre-Recorded Ballroom Music and Latin Dance Hour was in the Music Hall daily on my last Anthem Cruise.  I want to say around the dinner hour so it might conflict with early seating.  Of course could be completely different or non-existent on Quantum.

I'm confident you'll find your spot @FSUFAN.  Quantum Class has some really great venues.