godmothers

ang73

Just read the article about Kristin Chenoweth being godmother of the Quantum.  So now of course I'm curious.  I assume all ships have a godmother? Anyone know any of the other RC godmothers?  Are they always celebrities?  Just thought this was a cool article and now I'm wondering!

Thanks!! 

BTW:  44 days until our first RC cruise!!!  Not that I'm excited or anything ;)

Just read the article about Kristin Chenoweth being godmother of the Quantum.  So now of course I'm curious.  I assume all ships have a godmother? Anyone know any of the other RC godmothers?  Are they always celebrities?  Just thought this was a cool article and now I'm wondering!

Thanks!! 

BTW:  44 days until our first RC cruise!!!  Not that I'm excited or anything ;)

The Godmother picking and ceremony is something of maritime tradition. The process is interest and sometimes doesn't always make sense. As Matt said, Oasis of the Seas has 7 Godmothers, one for each of it's 7 distinct neighborhoods (Gloria Esteban, Michelle Kwan, Jane Seymour, Dara Torres, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Shawn Johnson, and Daisy Fuentes) where as Allure of the Seas has just 1 Godmother which is Dreamworks character Princess Finoa.