Sushi Class

Jacklynn

This is not one that I have seen where they hold back spots. For my next cruise, this is on the morning of Day 2 so it would be foolish for them to hold back spots to hope they can then sell them all onboard in one day. I would keep checking, but this is something that is popular and sells out fast so others will be looking as well. My next cruise is in July and that has been sold out since December. 

• 2 weeks later...

An update in case it gives hope to someone else- I've been checking every so often and today a few spots opened up (our cruise is early July). I dk if someone canceled or if they opened up a few extra spots, but if something you want is sold out be sure to check back because you might luck out grabbing an opened spot 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing sushi class next week on the Quantum with one of my sons, my daughter and son-in-law.  Mrs Fan and the other kids/spouses did not want to participate.

Question for anyone who has done this class before:

How many rolls do you make? 

Is there a large selection of "stuff" to put in the rolls?

It is my understanding that you get sake during the class. Is this correct?

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

I'm doing sushi class next week on the Quantum with one of my sons, my daughter and son-in-law.  Mrs Fan and the other kids/spouses did not want to participate.

This is from Anthem, Jan 2019.  Not sure how different it will be now, but it was 2 rolls, the shrimp over rice (top of pic, called nigiri), and the cone (on the right). Very good and filling - either have an extra person to eat it with you (my DD didn't take the class, but enjoyed helping me finish this!), or don't have breakfast that morning.  I think I remember sak3 - plus, from the description: "Practice your Chopsticks skills as you enjoy a wonderful Sushi lunch with a taste of Sake."

SUSHI CLASS.jpg

2 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

I did the class on Anthem back in February of this year. Off the top of my head, the rolls were spicy salmon and tempura shrimp. The handroll was California. We also made two pieces of shrimp nigiri (butterflied shrimp over rice which was pressed together). No sake was served and there was no choices given as to what type of sushi we were making.