Booking onboard vs online

Not sure if I'm correct w/ my research:  If I book a new cruise onboard the advantage is $50 onboard credit. Does this type of reservation have the same cancellation policy as if i book at home on the computer??  The other advantage of booking onboard is the smaller deposit required. ....I thought I read that booking onboard has no cancellation policy, like u would lose the deposit??

Thanks for any responses. 

Your NextCruise Booking may be cancelled. If you booked a Grand Suite or higher, your deposit is nonrefundable. If you booked a Junior Suite or lower, your Deposit and any further payments you make will be refundable if you cancel prior to the commencement of cancellation charges under the applicable Royal Caribbean International cancellation schedule applicable in your country of residence. 

Hey, I forgot to ask....

Is there a way to put my next cruise request on paper, include my name, stateroom # and leave it somewhere for them to do and place back in my stateroom. That way I wouldn't have to wait there to speak w/ a rep. 

DCL used to have a drop box, where I would fill out their form, drop in the drop box and the next day it would be at my stateroom and I would just call on the ship phone to tell them "I approve" and they would just charge my visa card and then send a copy to my email.

DCL just got rid of this approach. Which I complained about, cause now I have to wait inline w/ people who are just beginning to ask questions about a "possible next cruise." It can take a couple of hours while people do their beginning research with a rep, while I've already picked my next cruise, stateroom selection, dates ,   etc.

Time on the ship is crucial and I prefer to do all my research before I go onboard.  

Does RC offer something like this??

Thanks

Chris

2 hours ago, chrisd596 said:

Hey, I forgot to ask....

Is there a way to put my next cruise request on paper, include my name, stateroom # and leave it somewhere for them to do and place back in my stateroom. That way I wouldn't have to wait there to speak w/ a rep. 

RC had something like that.  I used it once or twice.  Not certain if it's still around if you want to book a specific sailing.

I can tell you that if you make a reservation with NextCruise and know what you want to book, the whole thing takes maybe 5-10 minutes.

Thanks Matt. I'm good w/ the 10 minutes, but how about the wait for people in front of you who are just starting their research with the NextCruise staff??

I'll see if there's a long wait, a few times during the cruise. If the wait is long, I'll just make my reservations at home, the $50 obc isn't really worth losing a lot of time on the ship waiting. 

Chris

15 hours ago, chrisd596 said:

Thanks Matt. I'm good w/ the 10 minutes, but how about the wait for people in front of you who are just starting their research with the NextCruise staff??

If you have an appointment, you get to bypass those people.

Also, NextCruise is far less busy in the first few days of the cruise.

Guest toodle68

One advantage of booking on board is when you need multiple rooms.  We tried forever to try and find 2 rooms (a suite and interior) which were close to each other. The website, being horrid, would crap out after a few changes of options and we would get incorrect pricing. We went to the team onboard who found us 2 perfect rooms within a minute and we had them booked and done.. I also believe they hold back some rooms from the website because in all my searches, I never found the room they ultimately booked for us.