Pools on Radiance for Alaska Cruise

There is a covered pool in the Solarium. I don't recall if it's heated, but it should be a comfortable temperature. They will also open it up to kids in the afternoon if it is particularly cold, but it can also be earn in Alaska by mid afternoon. One of my fondest cruise memories is having a snow ball fight with my son at the top of Mt. Robert's in 75 degree weather wearing just a T-shirt and jeans. 

5 hours ago, Maureen said:

I apologize if this question has been asked - Are they pools open and if they are, are they heated on the Radiance for the Alaska Cruise?

Do people use the pools a lot on cool weather cruises? Pictures that I've seen never really show a lot of people using the pools, even the indoor ones on cool weather cruises. Will be on Serenade, the first week of Oct.

I can't recall about either pool, but back when we did Alaska on Radiance the hot tubs were quite popular.  Early September the nights were upper 30's ans the hot tubs were bellowing "steam"

3 hours ago, FManke said:

Do people use the pools a lot on cool weather cruises? Pictures that I've seen never really show a lot of people using the pools, even the indoor ones on cool weather cruises. Will be on Serenade, the first week of Oct.

More so in the indoor pool and of course, kids.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:48 PM, FManke said:

We used the Solarium pool a few times on Serenade in Oct.  We went for a late night swim, but it was super weird because it was only me and my wife... aaand the security guy who followed us around, I guess to make sure the birds and bees didn't get away or something.

19 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

We used the Solarium pool a few times on Serenade in Oct.  We went for a late night swim, but it was super weird because it was only me and my wife... aaand the security guy who followed us around, I guess to make sure the birds and bees didn't get away or something.

I was curious because I never saw a lot of people using it, in photos. That sounds like a good time to go. I think we will give it a try.