Haifa Cruise Terminal rental car information and/or luggage storage

Lorri S.

Hi! In June, we will be disembarking the Rhapsody in Haifa. We are thinking of renting a car, driving to Nazareth/Galilee, and then down to Jerusalem to our hotel and dropping off our car there. (There are many reasons why we determined to do this: cost of tours, having luggage in tow, and being on a Friday (no public transport on Shabbat).

I've seen there is supposed to be car rental at the terminal, but I cannot find who it is or any other information.

Also, does anyone know if there is a place to store luggage? I assume RCCL won't do it. (Our cruise is a bit non-standard: there are 2 embarkation points on successive days. So, some passengers will just be getting off at Haifa to sightsee and some will be completely getting off the ship.) I've googled a fair bit, and there are no lockers at the terminal, nor across the street at the rail station. 

Any info is appreciated!

Few things : 

Lockers exist in the train satiation across the street  but you can access them only when the train station open which mean   on Friday until 4 PM and on Saturday from 8 PM.

There are some local car rentals around 0.5 miles from the port , one of them also have a branch in Jerusalem (https://www.carrentalsisrael.com/) although never  used them so I can not tell you if they are good or not. The big international car rentals companies are 12-15 minutes drive from the port and I do not think they have shuttles so you will need to take a taxi (should be around 20-25 $) . 
Regarding public transportation , trains and buses  during Friday will have a good service until 3- 4 PM.
IF you want 24/7 car rental service the best will be to take the train to the airport (direct train 1.20 minutes) and take it from there but it will take you further south from where you want to tour.
Maybe if you add more information , how many days you want to be in the north ? is it only one day and then go to Jerusalem on the same day ?  not sure you will have a place to drop the car in Jerusalem at late Friday (most of the local car rentals will be closed between 1 pm to 3 pm).

Thanks for the information! The lockers at the train station will not be accessible when we get back (after 4 pm). I looked at the company you gave the link for; their website is difficult to use (unable to give 2 different locations for pick up and drop off). We've decided to rent a car in Haifa and keep it for the entire time we're in Israel - we'll use it to go to the Dead Sea and even back to the airport.  Turns out our hotel has free parking and this scenario is way cheaper than what we were looking at before! You verified what I had found - much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

We will also be disembarking in Haifa in June. Our flight leaves that night so have the whole day to fill in. The only option I’ve found is a very expensive private tour which takes us to Acura and Caesarea with airport drop off. I have booked this but would be happy to cancel if anyone can offer an alternative. I’m surprised Royal don’t offer a tour with airport drop off.