Air Reimbursement for Cancelled Cruise

I am one of the many people affected by  one of the four cancelled Jan 2018 cruises on the Adventure from San Juan. As part of the compensation package for this, they offered us $200 per person for the change in our airline reservations should we have already booked that flight for the cancelled cruise.  We did. I rebooked a flight for a cruise from San Juan in March and, of course, had to pay the $400 charge to change the flight for both my husband and myself.  I submitted the paper work and proof of that charge to RCCL.  Can anyone tell me how this reimbursement will be reflected?  In other words, do they send you a check?  Do they take it off the final payment?  Or something else?

Last year when I had an airchange the reimbursement was a credit on my card used for cruise payment. The cancellation was around a month from sailing, so that might have been a factor. Don't recall if I submitted the paperwork before of after the cruise.

In my case the Cruise was booked on own with transfer to TA just before final payment. Was a good thing cause she did a great job taking the time get me on Majesty about a week out. Plus I got some OBC credit from Royal. Left the same day, got back on day later.

Airfare was done on my own using credit card points. Painful thing was it would have been cheaper to book a new one way ticket vs change fee plus fare difference. I was worried about Royal denying the claim for not changing the ticket if I bought a new one way.

In the end I was out nothing, cost around $350 to change the flight. Kicks I submitted a claim to insurance. Got denied by the inital reviewer, when it went to the next step it was approved.

Looking back, the transfer to a TA was on a whim. In the end saved me frustration, but a big negative was she was never informed about the Empress fiasco. I was the one the broke the ice.