Golf in Jamaica?

Does anyone have any recommendations for golfing in Jamaica? The day we will be in Jamaica is our anniversary and my husband is a golfer, so I want him to be able to play a round...it's the least I can do, since he's taking me on the cruise in the first place! I've done some investigating and will be using teedoff.com to get a better rate even though I've heard that tee times don't really need to be booked because they aren't usually very busy. Please let me know your thoughts on the courses.

2 hours ago, JenniferE said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for golfing in Jamaica? The day we will be in Jamaica is our anniversary and my husband is a golfer, so I want him to be able to play a round...it's the least I can do, since he's taking me on the cruise in the first place! I've done some investigating and will be using teedoff.com to get a better rate even though I've heard that tee times don't really need to be booked because they aren't usually very busy. Please let me know your thoughts on the courses.

teedoff.com? , "it's the least I can do, since he's taking me on the cruise in the first place! ",  "want him to be able to play a round". Come on Jennifer, you're having fun with us and forgot to add the smiley emiticon at he end of your post...right?

• 4 weeks later...

I played Cinnamon Hill a few years ago during a Royal Caribbean stop in Montego Bay.  I was a very nice course with water views from most of the holes. My son and I really enjoyed the experience. They do require that you use one of their caddies but they were very helpful.  We booked through the ship on that cruise and it wasn't cheap.  You just need to compare and consider the costs of greens fee, cart rental, caddie (if required), shoe rental, club rental, and transportation to/from the course. I don't remember it being crowded at all, but that it can vary depending on whether there is an event scheduled.  We also played in Cozumel once and it wasn't crowded but they were getting set up to host a large group later in the day.