My Time Dining

My wife and I are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise next June on Jewel of the Seas to Alaska. We've cruised four times before with the kids on Disney, so we're used to having a specific dining time and the same servers each night.

When we booked, the only option for us was My Time Dining. Unfortunately, I can find very little information on how this works.

Do we just show up at the Main Dining Room or do we need to make reservations for each evening? Do they try to put us with the same servers?

My brother-in-law and his wife, who we're traveling with, did Your Time Dining on Carnival and said they just showed up and were given a table with the same servers every night, except one. This would be great for us.

Thanks in advance for any help that someone could give!

Scott

Scott,

If you want traditional dining, make sure you or your travel agent add you to the waitlists.  They waitlist almost always comes through at the end.  Heck, even if it doesnt, go see the head waiter on the first day of your cruise when you board and they can usually accommodate you.

My Time Dining works in one of two ways. You can either show up anytime and be seated at next available table (you may have to wait for that table) or make a reservation earlier that day for a table at a specific time.  

I don't believe you get the same waiter although you can ask for them.

You can make the reservations in advance of sailing as well. Can be adjusted/changed any day as you like. We have found 6:30 - 7:30 time frame limited, so suggest reserving as soon as reservations open up - about 75- 90 days out. Early & Late times very easy to get. We have found you frequently get same table & staff if reservation is similar time nightly.

Is MTD with a reservation faster service?  We are going with another couple and would prefer to be seated with them only.  Our TA scheduled us for traditional dining.  I am thinking MTD and making our reservation time would be the best for us.  What times do they start seating for MTD?  When is the last seating time for MTD?   traditional has two times early and a late only? 

THANKS AGAIN!

Lisa

Is MTD with a reservation faster service?  We are going with another couple and would prefer to be seated with them only.  Our TA scheduled us for traditional dining.  I am thinking MTD and making our reservation time would be the best for us.  What times do they start seating for MTD?  When is the last seating time for MTD?   traditional has two times early and a late only? 

THANKS AGAIN!

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

If you have a reservation you will be seated first.

MTD is open between the hours of 6:00 and 9:30 p.m.

Traditional has two times, 6 and 8pm (more or less. Some ships are like 8:30 or 8:15)

• 2 weeks later...

We've had MTD on our last two cruises, once with a family of four (Vision 2010) and the second with just the two of us (Adventure 2011). On both occasions, we reserved every night (usually for about 8.45), and the longest we ever waited was about three minutes. We've pretty much always had the same servers. My guess is if you arrive without a reservation at the same time as a traditional dining sitting is starting, you'll wait, so perhaps try to time it for a point where things are quieter elsewhere.