Disembarking for port stop

OK, I have Royal excursion in St Thomas to Magens Bay. I was thinking about canceling and going there on my own cause it's about $40 less for 2.

Here's my dilemma. We don't dock till 130pm. So really can't waste anytime getting off and getting there. If we go it alone, can we have a shot of being first/early off? Or will we have to wait for all the Royal excursions people to disembark first? Is there some kind of priority when it comes to disembarking for a port stop?

So I have 2 things to consider. Saving $40 by going ourselves by taxi (and yes checked rates, plus admission) and trying to maybe beat the ship crowd there. Since Royal no longer includes beach chairs in this excursion, I expect a long line when they all arrive. And since it's late in the day, I want to make the most of it.

So based on the time crunch and the savings. What would you do? Go it alone via taxi or keep the Royal excursion?

The excursion won't leave until they have everybody for the excursion. Combining the time it takes to get everyone gathered with the time it takes to walk the group to where they will catch the bus, you will almost certainly be able to walk to the area outside the dock where you'll catch a cab faster than the excursion departure.

I did it. We are gonna go on our own. Saved $40 and hoping we can beat the excursion crowd there and rent chairs.

Be warned folks! When I booked this last year the Magens Bay excursion included beach chairs and umbrella. It NO longer includes them. So factor that in when deciding to do the excursion or go it on your own.