First timer on Royal - Ovation of the Seas

Hello fam, we have just booked 12 days out of Sydney, January 2024, South Pacific. We´ll be staying in Sydney couple of days prior to boarding. As a first timers, we are clueless. Our Cruise Planner is empty, we are not able to buy drink packages, dining packages, nothing... Any idea when this might become available?

I would appreciate any tips & tricks that helped you in the past, to make your cruise amazing.

Thanks 🙂

Thanks so much.

I have a question on pre-paid gratuities. On another cruise lines, we usually removed them from our account as we are not sure who gets the money, so we prefer tipping in cash to our waiters, bartenders, housekeeping etc.

Is this an option with RCCL or no?

2 hours ago, lusimtk said:

Thanks so much.

I have a question on pre-paid gratuities. On another cruise lines, we usually removed them from our account as we are not sure who gets the money, so we prefer tipping in cash to our waiters, bartenders, housekeeping etc.

Is this an option with RCCL or no?

If you booked yourself you would have had the option to add it in at booking. Some TAs might add it in by default. I do believe you could even remove it now if you wanted and then confirm that again on board.

Enjoy "Ovation" and as a note, most of the offerings at the "Fish and Ships" snack bar are complimentary, even if it's listed as cost-plus on the app.... their lobster roll and a couple other items cost more, but their fried fish, fried chicken bits and chips are free and good for a mid-day snack.