Kids cruise free deal

OscarDela

Which is annoying because in most cases when only booking 2 people there's already the pullout that can sleep 1-2 small kids, so why they opt to charge more to compensate for said "freebie" sounds like just game playing to make it appear you're getting a deal. 

I've tried multiple bookings and it never seems to work out right regardless of guest combination. 

I don't think the Sofa's pull out on the 2 person rooms.

It always works out on my bookings, those 3 person rooms just cost more.  Supply and demand.  

If not for KSF, the 3rd has a charge associated with them that isn't removed in discounts.

What they hope for, and what they get, are people who think of Cruise cabins like hotel rooms and expect the final cost for 3 to be the same as the final cost for 2 and it isn't.  They benefit because the more people pricing cruises, the more cruises booked....

17 minutes ago, RCVirgin22 said:

Which is annoying because in most cases when only booking 2 people there's already the pullout that can sleep 1-2 small kids, so why they opt to charge more to compensate for said "freebie" sounds like just game playing to make it appear you're getting a deal. 

I've tried multiple bookings and it never seems to work out right regardless of guest combination. 

I was pricing a cruise recently with two people in each room, three rooms side by side. I put myself and a kiddo in one room and my husband and other kiddo in the other room. When I put in the ages of each passenger my price changed because it wasn’t two adults in the room. I’m not sure why it matters, but it did.

My scenario is that my sister has two kids and her partner, thus 2 adults and three kids. Then me as a solo. Well I thought I might catch a break by putting one of the kids in the same cabin as me instead of paying full fair for one plus it also lessens the guest count for their room since 3 kids would require more space and a 4-5 person cabin is very rare. I also did this because every time I booked solo it wanted to place me on the complete opposite side of the ship from them, I couldn't ever find a scenario where we were next door to each other. So by booking one of the kids with me it at least put us closer together so we were only 4 cabins apart. lol 

Another issue was since I've already cruised in a OB room I wanted to experience a Balcony over the promenade or park central, and then book them in an OB. In only one scenario did it let me do so but we were still several cabins away from each other. I feel like I almost have to get a TA for this particular arrangement. Cruising solo is so much easier.