Roatan, Honduras

Abbey24

Just outside the port probably isn't going to be your best bet as the port and the port area aren't built up very much where RCI docks (Port of Roatan). I'd recommend prebooking a driver to take you to a beach if that is what you want to do. If you ever go on the "other" RCI message board (cruise critic), there was recently a live trip report by Brillohead and Ozark_kid called "LIVE from Allure 🎠 out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023" where Brillohead goes to a nice beach for snorkeling. The January 26 posts show some pictures and then a map of the beach area. 

We really enjoyed our tour with Roatan Getaway Tours last year and we're using them again this year on our upcoming cruise. They have a three reef snorkel. The snorkeling we did last year on Roatan had wonderful water - clear, shallow and warm - but not many colorful fish, mostly lobster and conch. It was advertised for beginners, which we are not, so we booked the three reef this time to see more, along with some other things that we added to our day as part of the private package. 

On 2/14/2023 at 8:39 PM, melski94 said:

We’ve been to Roatan twice.  I’ve been snorkeling in roatan and last year we did a sloth/snorkeling tour.  We really enjoyed both but this year probably just snorkeling.  Looking for a tour now.  We won’t do a RC one as we like a small group or even private tour.

Just an FYI... just got back from Roatan.  We went with West End Divers. My brothers and I dived, my wife and SILs snorkeled.  We were all on the same boat. Lots of room.  My wife has been snorkeling for 40+ years and said it was the best.

WED picks you up and drops you off at the port.