Jamaica - Dunn's River Falls vs. River Tubing

Nickel30

Hello!  My hubby and I are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in April, on Odyssey of the Seas.  We were hoping for some opinions/recommendations for the shore excursion in Falmouth, Jamaica.  We currently have the Blue Hole and River Tubing with Lunch booked, but are considering switching to the Blue Hole with Dunn's River Falls.  We would appreciate any information from past experiences on which you enjoyed more.  Are there food options available for purchase on the Blue Hole with Dunn's River Falls or is it best to wait until you get back to the ship?

Thank you!!

On 2/8/2023 at 9:02 AM, brdjnr said:

I'll be interested to hear various opinions on this. We will be there in August, and the Blue Hole/RIver Tubing is what I am leaning toward. My wife doesn't get into anything that could be confused as active when she is vacationing.

Climbing the falls is very active, but seniors are always given a hand to make it up.  The climb starts at the beach.  The guides make a game of it by making sure you get soaked at a couple of specific spots.  It is easy to scrape chins on rocks, slip and fall, etc. Folks who don't want an active excursion shouldn't climb.  The rafting excursions I've been on have been fairly tame, although you still get wet (e.g., Belize).