Excursions and Shows

WE are booked on our first RC cruise coming up in 11 days on Harmony of the Seas. No one told us that we should book shore excursions AND entertainment/shows ahead of time. We have cruised on other lines before where entertainment (shows) were first come first seated. I can understand with the excursions, but not the shows. Now we are getting ready to sail and when I go on line all the show times seem to be pre-booked. I'm really upset that we won't get to see any of the shows. Does anyone known if it's possible to get into the shows by just showing up? 

Yes, you will most likely still be able to get into the shows in the theater.  They have "standby" lines where those without reservations, or those who want to see a show again, can get in after those with reservations are admitted.

For shows you really want to see, I recommend getting to the theater at least 30 minutes early.  I think those who use the standby line have fairly good luck with being admitted.

Thank you both so much. That makes me feel so much better. We were able to book shore excursions for the Bahamas and St. Thomas, but couldn't get the one we wanted for St. Kitts. Hoping they saved a few standby slots for that one as well :) 

16 hours ago, TishM10 said:

Thank you both so much. That makes me feel so much better. We were able to book shore excursions for the Bahamas and St. Thomas, but couldn't get the one we wanted for St. Kitts. Hoping they saved a few standby slots for that one as well :) 

We will be on Adventure OTS and in St. Kitts on May 26. Good friends of ours highly recommended Grey Tours and we booked a 6 hour excursion with them for $55 per person. They have a few different options.  Here is a link if you would like to check it out:

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com

16 minutes ago, TishM10 said:

Thanks. But if you take a tour that is not through the ship and something goes wrong (like not getting back in time) you are kind of stuck right? 

Yes, you're responsible for finding your way to the next per to catch up with the ship. Some tour operators guarantee that they'll do this for you. 

53 minutes ago, TishM10 said:

Thanks. But if you take a tour that is not through the ship and something goes wrong (like not getting back in time) you are kind of stuck right? 

That is true, but from what I have heard, that should not be an issue with this tour company. We did book other excursions for this trip through Royal, but felt confident enough to use Grey for St. Kitts. Obviously you need to do whatever makes you most comfortable. No need to add any stress to a vacation! Have fun no matter what you decide.