How “gourmet” is Chef’s Table?

Jill

On 2/15/2023 at 10:55 PM, Bowen said:

Alright, I'm going to sign up for this for my Mom and I. She can get a little crazy when she drinks, so hopefully she'll reign it in. 🙂

You and Mom will enjoy it....Mom may end up being the life of the party!! But not enough room for Mom to dance on the table...too many wine glasses about!!!!image.gif.7d9ac65cff41b0937423237071485fa7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We experienced the Royal Chef's Table for the first time over New Year's on a Freedom class ship.  

• Our wines were different from the ones shown.  The one that stood out was Conundrum white blend; some of the guests were excited about this one as it was apparently hard to find.  (I saw these at Costco a few weeks ago for $17 a piece <shrug>)
  • That being said, I enjoy just about any varietal of wine, so I was happy with the selection.
  • We enjoyed the same menu as the one pictured.  I love seafood and sushi/sashimi, but I didn't love the scallop carpaccio or lobster salad.  The scallops were unpleasantly gelatinous; the lobster was just a little under-done.
  • Just for jaw-dropping curiosity, I'd love to find out how many total calories comprise the courses.  I would have been plenty satiated with just the bread, soup, and steak.  Even keeping this in mind, enjoying just a few bites of bread and half the branzino, by the time the steak came out, I was already stuffed.  Save room for dessert!
  • We weren't quite prepared for how intimate and social the Chef's table is.  It definitely helps to be in a sociable mood since you're seated together (for us, at a large round top).
  • Between our rather social table, our talkative and fun host, and a glitch in the system that added time between courses, our dinner ran four hours long.  By that time we'd used up our social energy.  Definitely don't plan anything other than a late night show on the same evening!

I wish they would mix up the menu annually; I'd go again for our Allure cruise in a few weeks if the menu were different.