Can you move the courtesy reservation for the dining plan?

MJ_

We have a 10 day cruise coming up and want to do the 3 night dining plan (once in each specialty restaurant onboard). We're thinking of scheduling them mid/late in the trip (or maybe for the MDR menus that don't look good to us). When I go to buy it, it shows me reservations for either day 1 or day 2, but we already have a lunch reservation on day 1 and day 2 sounds like it will be French night in the MDR (which is the one I was really looking forward to). Do I have to make a reservation on day 1 or 2? Can I move it without penalty once I get onboard? Do I have any other options? Thanks.

40 minutes ago, MJ_ said:

Can I move it without penalty once I get onboard?

It depends.  Most likely, yes….but one of the provisions of the dining packages (along with having to wait until you get onboard to make your reservations ), is that you will use one of your nights on either night #1 or night #2.  In truth, I don’t think it’s difficult to get that reservation changed once on board but just be aware that it is one of the “rules” and that the answer could be “no”.  With so many more people utilizing dining packages than in the past, I doubt there is a scarcity of specialty diners on nights 1 and 2 anymore (which was why the rule was implemented in the beginning).