Cruising during (Canadian) March Break

AshR

Hi all,

My family and I will be sailing on Independence OTS for the 4 night cruise, out of Port Canaveral, on Mar 13 this year.  Based on the price differential from the weeks before and after, it looks to be a crowded ship. 

In Canada (well, at least my part) this is March break - kids are off school, and college/university students are at campus.  I just learned that things are a bit different in the US.

My question is:  What is the passenger breakdown likely to be that week?  Lots of families with kids?  Or mostly college students?  We have a toddler, so we were hoping for the former.

(First post, first cruise!  Thanks to Matt for all his videos and this website, which helped us make an informed decision!  Seriously, it answered essentially every single point but this particular question!)

Ash

US school breaks are all over the place - good thing is that cruise leaves on a Monday so it won't be a weekend booze cruise crowd.  However, depending on college breaks, you may get some of that demographic on board.  Depending on what school systems or states have that week off, the cruise can be lots of families, lots of college kids, or lots of DINKs and retirees.  Its a dice toss honestly