What to wear for ATV experience?

jbrinkm

I own ATVs and have done ATV rides in Aruba, Hawaii and a few other islands. They typically are very dusty so a face covering is probably a good idea. Either a bandana or a regular covid type mask. They usually require long pants and long sleeve shirts and no flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are usually ok.  I usually wear zip off pants so when we stop I can unszip the legs and vent.  On the other hand if they don't specify what you should wear then you might be okay with shorts and t-shirt.

I just looked at the excursions for Coz on my next cruise there (in Feb) if you booked through the ship the only one I'm seeing is this one  'Adventure to Jade Caverns by ATV-(Driver & Passenger - Double Ride)'.  They don't really say anything about what what to wear but bandanas. I assume they will supply helmets and maybe goggles. May want to invest in cheap goggles for everyone. The worse thing is the dust in the eyes. There will be dust.   If you are doing it through the ship you may want to check with the excursion desk before hand.

52 minutes ago, mac66 said:

I own ATVs and have done ATV rides in Aruba, Hawaii and a few other islands. They typically are very dusty so a face covering is probably a good idea. Either a bandana or a regular covid type mask. They usually require long pants and long sleeve shirts and no flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are usually ok.  I usually wear zip off pants so when we stop I can unszip the legs and vent.  On the other hand if they don't specify what you should wear then you might be okay with shorts and t-shirt.

I just looked at the excursions for Coz on my next cruise there (in Feb) if you booked through the ship the only one I'm seeing is this one  'Adventure to Jade Caverns by ATV-(Driver & Passenger - Double Ride)'.  They don't really say anything about what what to wear but bandanas. I assume they will supply helmets and maybe goggles. May want to invest in cheap goggles for everyone. The worse thing is the dust in the eyes. There will be dust.   If you are doing it through the ship you may want to check with the excursion desk before hand.

Thanks @mac66!! I've seen different concerns - could be muddy, or could be dusty. Someone recommended water shoes. We booked through Viator because we wanted to split our day between two activities (and also not get up very early) and our ATV time is an hour with another hour doing paintball. I have a message in to the company about what they recommend but they haven't gotten back to me yet, so thought I would check here. It won't hurt for us to bring our own bandanas but what kind of goggles would you use? Like ski goggles? Swimming goggles? Or are there specific goggles for ATV'ing? What about just sunglasses - will those keep the dust out?

On 1/9/2023 at 4:20 PM, jbrinkm said:

Thanks @mac66!! I've seen different concerns - could be muddy, or could be dusty. Someone recommended water shoes. We booked through Viator because we wanted to split our day between two activities (and also not get up very early) and our ATV time is an hour with another hour doing paintball. I have a message in to the company about what they recommend but they haven't gotten back to me yet, so thought I would check here. It won't hurt for us to bring our own bandanas but what kind of goggles would you use? Like ski goggles? Swimming goggles? Or are there specific goggles for ATV'ing? What about just sunglasses - will those keep the dust out?

I have some cheap goggles I hand out to people who ride with me. Got them on Amazon. Just be aware that in really dusty environments you may have to cover the vents with tape to keep the dust out.

https://www.amazon.com/OXG-Motorcycle-Goggles-goggles-Anti-UV/dp/B0BD8RF32F/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=atv+goggles&qid=1673399588&sr=8-9