Freeport and Bar Harbor restaurant suggestions

RCIfan1912

We are thinking of doing things a little different this time going to Freeport and Bar Harbor Maine. The plan is to take a short walking tour of both cities/towns and then have a nice lunch in both. 

Any suggestions for restaurants that aren't too, too far from from the Bar Harbor cruise port and the town of Freeport? The cruise goes to Portland of course but we are heading to Freeport to check out the original home of LL Bean. Thanks for any suggestions. 

25 minutes ago, Pooch said:

The restaurant right across the street from LL Bean, owned by a family member I think, is very good and surprisingly reasonable. Linda Bean’s Maine Kitchen.

In Bar Harbor we like Stewmans right on the harbor & Route 66 restaurant.

Thank you so much. Love both towns. Thank you for the suggestions, we will look up both. 

• 3 weeks later...

For Freeport I would recommend Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro. It's practically just across the street from L.L.Bean. The restaurant group also has well-received restaurants in Yarmouth and South Portland. It is less touristy than the other restaurants (the locals go here year round).

For Bar Harbor, we've gone to West Street Cafe and it has something for everyone. However what I crave most from Bar Harbor is 2 Cats. It is more for breakfast or brunch though. I miss their biscuits and strawberry butter!

I lived in Maine about 15 years ago so my suggestions may be out of date.

The big LL store in Freeport is a quick easy trip from Portland and fun.

FYI Bar harbor and the down east coast is at least another 2 hours of driving, Maybe more

The most beautiful drive in Coastal Maine (IMO) is Castine to Blue Hill. Though Acadia Park and MDI is also spectacular.

I love Castine as a place to visit though I don't remember specific places to eat there. Very cute town on the water.

There are also several smaller towns on Mount Desert Island worth a look and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some good fine dining there too.

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 6.38.09 PM.png

3 hours ago, Suzanne Elise said:

I lived in Maine about 15 years ago so my suggestions may be out of date.

The big LL store in Freeport is a quick easy trip from Portland and fun.

FYI Bar harbor and the down east coast is at least another 2 hours of driving, Maybe more

The most beautiful drive in Coastal Maine (IMO) is Castine to Blue Hill. Though Acadia Park and MDI is also spectacular.

I love Castine as a place to visit though I don't remember specific places to eat there. Very cute town on the water.

There are also several smaller towns on Mount Desert Island worth a look and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some good fine dining there too.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/21f45bac1ff421da4cae42de13b567509fa55807320f1713004d69187170bbb6/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_01/877334008_ScreenShot2023-01-29at6_38_09PM.png.1e7bc6b7044f6a6244bf04c1c0288cbd.png

Thank you. Appreciate all that info.