Am I missing something here

Alright all

Only 10 days till my cruise on Navigator of the Seas and I was trawling the internet about the ship and started reading cruise critics reviews for NOS submitted for the past month.

Almost all of them were BAD!! If you get a chance have a look at a few.

I'm a little worried now - I like to think that I make my own mind up with anything I do but there is a lot of similarity in complaints about always hearing NO and service problems.

Do you think these reviews are fair - or is it just that most of these people are Carnival Cruise junkies (as they all seem to be)??

I sailed on Navigator in July. I have not read the reviews that you reference but my experience was this: I felt the service on NOS was overall a bit below what I have experienced in the past on Royal Caribbean. We had a disappointing experience with our main dining room waiter (no personality and he just went through the motions), and some of the bartenders also seemed to be just going through the motions. However we had some great service in some other areas: specialty restaurants were all top notch, Starbucks was excellent and friendly, the shops were very knowledgeable and helpful. The wine bar had exceptional service!

My previous Royal Caribbean cruises had been consistently spectacular in terms of service, so maybe I went in with too high expectations. I also wondered if maybe we just hit a bad week.

Bottom line: I would go back on Navigator in a heartbeat. We had a great time and I look back on this cruise as a wonderful vacation. Go in expecting to have a good time because you will. The crew are human beings and maybe some will have a bad day, but overall I think you will have a great time! Let us know how it turns out!

PS: I have several other posts on here that talk about our experience last month. Also feel free to ask more questions because several of us have been on Navigator recently.

I wouldn't worry at all. We sailed in February and LOVED it.  

We had terrific service on our cruise.  We loved the ship and like Steve, would go back in a heart beat!

Our MDR waiter was one of the best I've ever had.  I could try digging up his name if you like.

yep I would be wary of reviews - not everyone will love the ship but like the others here have

posted they have sailed it themselves and thought it was great - I would trust our reviewers!!

This is a great point... I think that sometimes it's the people who aren't satisfied that tend to publicly air their discontent.