Chops Grille in Cruise planner but not bookable - what does this mean?

AhaOhio

Just a few days ago the option to book Chops Grille appeared in the cruise planner for our cruise on the Allure beginning on February 19th.

Unfortunately when I try to book I get the message that no available slots exist for booking (I believe the wording was "we are swamped").

Does this mean that every possible seat in Chops is booked for every time on every day of the cruise? Or is it so that they open up a limited number of seats to be booked in advance (and at the 15% discount).

If it all indeed got booked - wow that was fast!

Most of the planner options open 6-9 months before a sailing. So, it is indeed possible that all the online slots have been booked up. They do not sell the entire number of reservations online; they hold back some for Star class pax and people who have the UDP.

I have also read about people who double book reservations. In other words, people who have the UDP, will pay to get a time they want (UDP pax have to wait until they board to make reservations) and then cancel those reservations when they board. This ties up a lot of dining slots from others. 

If you are able to book onboard it most likely will not be at a discounted price, but whatever the onboard price is and will definitely be higher.