Giovanni's on Odyssey - A la carte?

Archchic

HI All,

Since I'm not seeing an option for dining packages on my Dec 30 Odyssey cruise, I'm making individual reservations. When I look at the Giovanni's menu featured on RCCL site, it shows prices for all the food items. However, I was charged like $45 per person when I booked. What's the deal? That's the Wine Bar menu, right? Is the dining room the more typical - all you care to order? Thanks in advance!

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Here is the sample menu for Giovanni's Wine Bar on Odyssey:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/media-assets/pmc/content/dam/menus/en/giwbdinner/GIWBDINNER.pdf

The wine bar next door to Giovanni's does not use the full menu.

Yes, that's the one I saw. So, those prices don't apply to the actual restaurant, right?

11 minutes ago, Archchic said:

Yes, that's the one I saw. So, those prices don't apply to the actual restaurant, right?

The menu in the blog post will be closer to what you'll get at the Giovanni's Table venue as opposed to the wine bar menu. 

In typical Royal fashion they've made it unclear since the listing on My Royal Cruises shows the wine bar seating area.  

In other words... the sample menu shown when booking Giovanni's is not the menu for the sit down venue.  That is the menu that anyone walking up to the wine bar can order on the spot.

The $42 cover charge for Giovanni's is the price for the full menu in the blog post above.  Like all cover charge venues you can order multiple appetizers but only one entree.

You order a meat plank, a gigantic meatball, stromboli, etc plus one entree such as the Lasagna.  

It's not unusual to share appetizers so you could order many for your group and everyone can try some of each.  When it comes to the entree everyone typically orders their own.