3 Night Dining or Chef's Table on Brilliance?

Mrs. Regular

Debating booking a 3 night package for a 7 night cruise on Brilliance, but also considering Chef's Table. We do not have the budget to book both. I have lots of time to decide, just wondering what the pros and cons would be for either one. Mr. Regular and I have no qualms with the MDR, but not super fans of the Windjammie at dinnertime. This will be our 4th cruise so we aren't burned out on MDR food just yet, however, this will be an anniversary trip for us so we were thinking of doing something special - but still "keeping it regular," ya know? We haven't sailed on a Radiance class yet - is the menu for Chef's Table the same across the fleet?

Thanks, as always, amazing cruising friends!

Chef's table is a wine pairing. Usually its basically white wines with at least one red.  The steak portion is fantastic. If allergic to one of the ingredients let them know and it will be switched out. The last drink is a chocolate expresso martini , I do not like expresso so I just got a plain chocolate martini.  The last Chef's table we were at; one of the diners was a Vegetarian and she couldn't have anything with alcohol ; Talk about a wasted meal or a very expensive meal.

Do you think you could  swing the cost of Chops + 1 and the Chef's .  Look for  sales . You probably just missed the big sale this past weekend.

16 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

Chef's table is a wine pairing. Usually its basically white wines with at least one red.  The steak portion is fantastic. If allergic to one of the ingredients let them know and it will be switched out. The last drink is a chocolate expresso martini , I do not like expresso so I just got a plain chocolate martini.  The last Chef's table we were at; one of the diners was a Vegetarian and she couldn't have anything with alcohol ; Talk about a wasted meal or a very expensive meal.

Do you think you could  swing the cost of Chops + 1 and the Chef's .  Look for  sales . You probably just missed the big sale this past weekend.

That's a good thought on maybe Chops +1 and Chef's. My sailing is a year out so nothing available in the cruise planner this sale but definitely for the next Black Friday sale. 

Right now, a Chops+1 is about $84+ grats and I think Chef's table is about $80+ grats, I am looking at my Grandeur sailing to get an estimate, since she is a smaller ship like Brilliance. She also has the same type and amount of specialty restaurants. If you think you can swing what might be $190pp, I say go for it.