Port Excursions

Hello! My husband and I are going to be taking our first cruise next month to the Bahamas. I planned some earlier excursions at two of the ports we will be visiting, and they both start at 9am. My concern is: will that allow us enough time to eat breakfast, get off the ship, then find our excursion group? Or I didn’t know if it would be more time efficient to get something quick for breakfast, do the excursion, then go back to boat for a bigger lunch. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, mrsgalloway1220 said:

Hello! My husband and I are going to be taking our first cruise next month to the Bahamas. I planned some earlier excursions at two of the ports we will be visiting, and they both start at 9am. My concern is: will that allow us enough time to eat breakfast, get off the ship, then find our excursion group? Or I didn’t know if it would be more time efficient to get something quick for breakfast, do the excursion, then go back to boat for a bigger lunch. Thanks!

If you book a Royal excursion, you'll be told when and where to meet.  On our last cruise (Oct), we had a few early musters, so we set our alarm and got up early to ensure we had breakfast.  Example:  Up at 730, breakfast at 8, leave room all packed at 8:30 for a meeting time of 8:45 prior to 9AM excursion.

You will be fine.  Breakfast options open early for port days - the Windjammer is usually open at 6:30 or 7:00 am and the coffee/snack bar (called "Cafe Latitudes" if you're on a smaller ship - the coffee costs extra but the snacks are free) is open 24/7. Also, Room Service for continental breakfast (coffee, tea, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc.) is free and can be ordered as early as you'd like.

Plan to give yourself, say, 45 minutes to get to the Windjammer, have a nice breakfast, go back to your room to brush teeth/grab day pack and tickets, then go to the meeting place (which is usually the theater).