Where to buy discount gift card?

ecgz88

Don't know where you can find discounted Royal Caribbean gift cards (the ones from 3rd parties that I haven't seen in several years were always a pain to redeem and could only be used to make or pay down a reservation). But gift cards purchased from Royal Caribbean can indeed be used for cruise planner purchases. Once you get the the redemption codes (there are 2 of them) you can either call Royal up or go online to put them on your cruises account as on board credit. It may take a few days for it to show, but once it does you can use that new on board credit for your cruise planner purchases. 

2 hours ago, USFFrank said:

Don't know where you can find discounted Royal Caribbean gift cards (the ones from 3rd parties that I haven't seen in several years were always a pain to redeem and could only be used to make or pay down a reservation). But gift cards purchased from Royal Caribbean can indeed be used for cruise planner purchases. Once you get the the redemption codes (there are 2 of them) you can either call Royal up or go online to put them on your cruises account as on board credit. It may take a few days for it to show, but once it does you can use that new on board credit for your cruise planner purchases. 

Unless this is just out dated or something new... the very first line on the website where you buy RC gift cards states: 

1. Certificate may be used only as a form of payment toward a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean International.  After the gift certificate has been applied to a new reservation, the reservation may be transferred to a travel agency.

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

Unless this is just out dated or something new... the very first line on the website where you buy RC gift cards states: 

1. Certificate may be used only as a form of payment toward a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean International.  After the gift certificate has been applied to a new reservation, the reservation may be transferred to a travel agency.

That sounds like something similar from the cards you could get from the 3rd party companys. I bought a bunch thru AARP several years ago (offered at 10% off) and redeemed them thru my travel agent to pay down a few cruises. It wasn't easy, you have to jump thru a bunch of hoops, but they did it. I haven't seen those cards offered anymore for at least 2 years now.

This link is from Royals website.

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/