Pre/Post Cruise Hotel and Transfers?

Back in the day of my last cruises we booked a pre-cruise hotel with transfers through the cruise line. We had very limited choices for hotels but it made things easier for us. Now I see that Royal is partnered with Priceline for the hotels. It's nice to have more options but now how do we get to and from the hotel and port/airport? Do we need to figure that out on our own? Does Royal offer a separate transfer that we can add on? Thanks.

1 hour ago, OurSlowSimpleTravel said:

Back in the day of my last cruises we booked a pre-cruise hotel with transfers through the cruise line. We had very limited choices for hotels but it made things easier for us. Now I see that Royal is partnered with Priceline for the hotels. It's nice to have more options but now how do we get to and from the hotel and port/airport? Do we need to figure that out on our own? Does Royal offer a separate transfer that we can add on? Thanks.

For a December cruise, our TA arranged transfers from a Royal-linked Galveston hotel to the port pre-cruise and then a transfer to the airport post-cruise.  We also had a Royal transfer post-cruise to a Barcelona hotel earlier this month.

Now pre-cruise airport to hotel I had to book on my own because we are traveling early; Royal's transfers only worked for the embarkation day.

These arrangements were made a few months ago, so I don't know what Royal is doing at this very moment.  Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. We never really cared so much about the cost as the convenience of being taken care of. Now we are traveling with my daughter who has special and medical needs, plus is tiny and would need a car seat without being on a transfer bus, so I was hoping there was still a way to do it through the cruise line.