Confusion about Wonder's escape room

Brandis

On 12/1/2022 at 2:27 PM, CanHardlyWait said:

Let's try for answers. If I wanted to write about when the official escape room on Wonder will be built, who would I write?

It looks like 

Nick Weir may be the one you want to contact based on a couple of his recent tweets - 

@NickWeirShowbiz

SVP/Creator-in-Chief at RCI Entertainment: Broadway/W’End/Ice/Aqua/Aerial/Headliners/Comedy/LiveMusic/AO/Sports/Robotics/ARVR/Holo/Drones/PGA/ Muster 2.0 Patent

It looks like they may have reevaluated this concept, it's a lot of real estate to dedicate 24/7/365 when they can still do the puzzle game in another public space during the day on just certain days to bundle demand.  the escape room itself sits empty all night and early morning when that space could be staterooms on top of the added cost of designing/installing/staffing a dedicated escape room vs having entertainment staff run it as another game type event.

we recently came across the same thing booking freedom, there are various press releases, deck plans and other press stories online that mention an escape room will be added on top deck 15 during Freedom's recent amplification (as with Navigator) but on the official deck plans, cruise planner etc now there obviously is not one aboard Freedom.  doesn't make or break my cruise, we have done the room on symphony and navigator and really enjoyed it, but i understand royal's reasons for not having it too.  as it says in the cruise contract and all over Royal's site, exact amenities and availability are subject to change without notice, not every feature is aboard every ship for every sailing.  frustrating, sure, but also just a reality of running a diverse fleet.

1 hour ago, dr martini said:

It looks like they may have reevaluated this concept, it's a lot of real estate to dedicate 24/7/365 when they can still do the puzzle game in another public space during the day on just certain days to bundle demand.  the escape room itself sits empty all night and early morning when that space could be staterooms on top of the added cost of designing/installing/staffing a dedicated escape room vs having entertainment staff run it as another game type event.

we recently came across the same thing booking freedom, there are various press releases, deck plans and other press stories online that mention an escape room will be added on top deck 15 during Freedom's recent amplification (as with Navigator) but on the official deck plans, cruise planner etc now there obviously is not one aboard Freedom.  doesn't make or break my cruise, we have done the room on symphony and navigator and really enjoyed it, but i understand royal's reasons for not having it too.  as it says in the cruise contract and all over Royal's site, exact amenities and availability are subject to change without notice, not every feature is aboard every ship for every sailing.  frustrating, sure, but also just a reality of running a diverse fleet.

Not to mention if Wonder ends up back in the China market they'll just have to take it out again anyway.

• 3 months later...

Im on Wonder now. Yes this is an active attraction/game and yes the empty room is all that it is. There are puzzles you solve exactly like you would a normal escape room but it's not a typical "themed" escape room. Basically the most generic escape room you'll go to. The only thing that makes it an actual escape room is they lock the door. So yes the empty room is actually the room. I asked if a "real" room was coming. Got basically a no/shrug. Didn't particularly care for the host. Nothing worse than doing a complex puzzle and the host that knows the solution and does it day in and day out basically treating you like a moron. O well. Was still fun. Obviously just a lot of confusion at first.