Double Points / Solo C&A Question

BrianLo

A bit of a quandary that I cannot find a direct answer to as it relates to a few overlapping issues. I have a cruise booked as a solo for September 30th to Hawaii on Ovation. It was booked Spring 2021 under the double points promo. All well and good and it just so happens to cause me to bypass Emerald entirely thanks to the essentially 9Nx4 earn of 36 points. While that seems like a masterful strategic plan, it was just dumb luck that I realized way after the fact.

Or so I thought. I just realized I booked into a studio cabin and have recently put together that does not qualify for single supplement doubling of C&A points.

If I were to pay (not royal Up), for an inside, or frankly even I might just spring for a balcony at current prices:

1) Does my entire final payment carry over and can I essentially just pay the difference that I am seeing currently priced out on RCCL?

2) Would that change, resulting in me paying for a regular cabin, result in x2 Solo Points. Or is it stuck to what my original cabin booking was for?

3) Would the Double Points promo from last year still retain itself on the booking, or be dropped in the process?

Frankly as long as 2 of the 3 apply it's likely worth the price difference anyways. 3/3 is a no brainer at the price difference and the diamond perks for a 10 day cruise in December.

The double points promo is tied to the reservation number. If the reservation number doesn't change, then you should still get the 2X points multiplier.

If you call to upgrade, this should NOT result in the reservation number changing.  Anything that you've paid already will go towards your new final bill, so you will owe the difference between what you've paid and what you currently reprice to.  If you are not in a solo studio, you should get 1 extra point each night.  That would mean you would get 2 points per night BEFORE the 2X multiplier.

NOTE: Make sure you still book as a solo when you do reprice. Sometimes it changes the base price for solo compared to booking for normal double occupancy rooms. C&A sometimes won't credit you as sailing solo if you booked for 2 and then no-showed the other person; depends on who you call to ask for the adjustment after the cruise.