Having a nightmare with RCCL excursions

Hi all

So first cruise is 30 days away now and I have had a problem with two excursions I booked from the very beginning.

When I booked the cruise 2 months ago I went on and booked 4 excursions in all four ports and paid for them all. But afterwards the system only showed the last two as booked. I check I had paid everything and I had so I called them and asked how many excursions they had showing and they said two. I explained the above and after a bit of back and forth they found the other two bookings on "the other" system??

So I left it a few weeks - no change on the cruise planner -so I called again and hit exactly the same scenario as above - sigh - but I did speak to an excursion manager who assured me that everything was fine and the system needed an update

I was getting stressed out at this point as I was worried we would get on the ship, the excursions would be missing and then no room would be left. Although I was being reassured I couldn't get any kind of confirmation of all the excursions.

Then a few weeks later - yay! - all the excursions appeared on the system and I was happy.....until...... I got my cruise booklet today and those same excursions are missing again. I'm getting tired and fed up now and wondered what you guys suggest I should do?

Cheers

Sorry to hear you are having such trouble.

First thing I would do is get some sort of written confirmation of the two "missing" excursions.  You need some proof to show onboard your ship if/when they tell you that you do not have those 2 excursions booked. Some sort of booking number or ID that can verify you're included.

You may consider also asking for a refund so you can immediately re-book into not the other system.  I'd simply say, "Look, clearly there is a problem and it would make me feel better if we could just cancel the two that are seemingly missing and immediately rebook so it's all good and dandy".  

This wont help you right now, but this is a good example of why using a travel agent can be helpful because then this would be THEIR problem to fix  :lol:

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Hi Matt

Yeh I thought exactly the same and I have a written confirmation of all the excursions - just worried that if it's not organised all the proof in the world won't create 4 more spaces

And I did try to do the refund and the girl at RCCL did say that before she found out it would be fine but then she said that if they did a refund I wouldn't even get my money back before I went on the cruise - and that was a month ago!?

Has anyone else ever had a time that they booked an excursion and when they got on the ship they had no record of it?

What I do is everytime I book anything, be it a drinks package, restaurant or shore excursion prior to embarkation I PDF up the receipt. I add all receipts and documents associated with that cruise to iBooks and take it with me on the cruise. In doing this if there are any issues you can get them sorted right away onboard the vessel.

great idea - I have not had issues with shore excursions with RCI but then again I also

book a lot of tours independently to avoid this - but my show bookings and dining have

been messed up before and sending it to ibooks sounds like a great idea

The same type of thing is happening with me. I booked an excursion for 4 people and on our "cruise vacation documents" it is only showing reservations for two people and on another instance I booked an excursion for two yet it is not showing up at all. I do have the booking/confirmation emails, so I will bring them with me for proof.