Dragon's Breath Zip Line - Available Times/ Walking Distance

CruzOnBye

I'm wanting to book the Dragon's Breath Zip Line for our Dec cruise, and it's showing 8am and Noon time slots left lol! That seems really odd timing. I don't know what time our ship is planning on letting us off-board in Haiti that day. We are early risers, so I don't worry about us getting up for an 8am excursion. Plus, I want to get off the zipline and chill on the beach rest of the day and eat and drink my heart out. But I do worry about if there is a delay off-boarding or some unforeseeable event causing us to get to the zipline on time- what kind of issues have yall seen? This will be our first excursion while cruising. 

If we choose the 8am- for those who have done this excursion, how long do you recon it will take us to walk there? It will be just me and hubby, in our 30s, and likely hungover from the night before 🙂 So we are only responsible for getting ourselves there on time! 

GIF by Cheddar

The zip line is the absolute farthest point from the dock. It’s a good 20+ minute walk from once you leave the ship to the zip line. There is a shuttle that can cut that time down if you time it right. 

Edit: I goofed! You said zip line and my mind was thinking the coaster! Sorry about that!!! Ignore me! LOL Zip line isn’t far at all.

Edited by Ryan79

1 hour ago, CruzOnBye said:

@Rackham Thank you so much! This is awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to share this map, I am snapping a picture and keeping it for reference.

You're welcome! The zipline is totally worth doing once. Other things that I figured out as I went that might be useful? At the check-in area, they'll have you fill out the waver at the tables to the front-left of the check-in desks. Lockers, big enough for me to store a backpack containing short fins and the rest of my snorkel gear with a towel, are available for all day renting behind the zipline check-in desks. This area is also where you'll return to after ziplining. Booking an earlier timeslot is prudent as wind can shut down the ziplines later in the day.

It's also interesting to see what lies right outside of Labadee and behind the scenes on the ride up to the major ziplines.  

2 hours ago, Rackham said:

You're welcome! The zipline is totally worth doing once. Other things that I figured out as I went that might be useful? At the check-in area, they'll have you fill out the waver at the tables to the front-left of the check-in desks. Lockers, big enough for me to store a backpack containing short fins and the rest of my snorkel gear with a towel, are available for all day renting behind the zipline check-in desks. This area is also where you'll return to after ziplining. Booking an earlier timeslot is prudent as wind can shut down the ziplines later in the day.

It's also interesting to see what lies right outside of Labadee and behind the scenes on the ride up to the major ziplines.  

That is really good to know! I'm a planner so all these tips are really helpful to know. I'm excited to try the zipline! We have never done one before.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:40 AM, InmyElement said:

If the zipline is not offered under excursions..are you able to book it on the ship or in person day of?

Thanks

From what I hear other people on the boards say, and folks we've met during our cruises, the ziplines are usually sold out in advance. When we booked ours, it sold out about a month before we set sail, but it happened during a Black Friday deal. I would just keep checking for openings, and then you can always visit the excursions desk while on board and see if anything came available due to cancellations. Hope it works out for you!