Sailing to NE/Canada - looking for ideas

FSUFAN

We are sailing on the Voyager OTS in late October.  We have several stops, and I am looking for ideas on what to do excursion-wise.  

We have a stop in Bar Harbor, but we have been there several times (including last fall).  So, I have that stop down.  But the other places we have never been to, and I am not sure what we should try to see. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Don't want to spend all day on a single excursion, but 2-4 hours would work for any stop.

- Saint John, New Brunswick (9:30 am till 9:00 pm)

- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (10:00 am till 6:00 pm)

- Sydney, Nova Scotia (8:00 am till 5:00 pm)

We've been looking online and watching videos for things to do as well.  We are very undecided.

We have Charlottetown covered as one of my wife's cousins lives there, but we're still not sure about St. John and Sydney.  We hate to get to a port without a plan, but it may happen.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

We've been looking online and watching videos for things to do as well.  We are very undecided.

We have Charlottetown covered as one of my wife's cousins lives there, but we're still not sure about St. John and Sydney.  We hate to get to a port without a plan, but it may happen.

Anything I am finding on YouTube seems outdated and just old.  I guess that 99.9% of people prefer to cruise to warm weather locations.  Raised in FL and really could not care less about going anywhere in the Caribbean or Mediterranean (especially during the heat of the summer. 

I have 2 booked and both are "cold/cool weather" cruises - this cruise to NE/Canada and another to Alaska next June.  My next cruise wish is to go to Norway Fjords either out of the UK or Northern Europe - again another cool weather location.

Looks like we will just try to walk around some of the Canadian stops. If there is a hop-on-hop off bus offering, we will jump on that. I am just looking forward to enjoying the ship.

I am on the same cruise.  I would like to go to Baddeck and the Bell Museum for the stop in Sydney, but the excursion is fully booked and I can't find a private tour.  Does anyone have any idea about how easy a taxi or ride share would be?  Is there anything interesting near the port?

Thanks.

I would think there are taxis of some kind at the port when ships come in.

I’ve been looking online and don’t see much in the way of organized excursions that interests us in Sydney.  We’re going to wing it there.  

In St John, we’ll see what is going on in the port area and make our way to see the reversing falls on the river.  I’ve read that there is a glass walkway over a part of them, and I’d like to try that.   I’ve also read about the public market, so we’ll  hit that up.