Shore excursions disenbark times

Hi everyone.

Will be doing my first cruise next month and I have a question regarding disembark times for shore excursions.

On the planner I have that the cruise arrived at some port at 7am.

Is at that time that I can leave ship? Do I need to make a reservation for that?

Want to try to understand the procedures so that I can plan my shore excursions.

Thanks

1 hour ago, mgoyanes said:

Hi everyone.

Will be doing my first cruise next month and I have a question regarding disembark times for shore excursions.

On the planner I have that the cruise arrived at some port at 7am.

Is at that time that I can leave ship? Do I need to make a reservation for that?

Want to try to understand the procedures so that I can plan my shore excursions.

Thanks

You don't make a reservation to walk off the ship.  Royal will announce when the ship has been cleared, usually at least 30 minutes after arrival, sometimes more.  Now if you book a Royal excursion, the meeting time/place will be noted on your tickets.  Some tours meet on the ship, some on the pier, some after you clear port security (like 3rd party excursions).

You'll want to set your watch or phone to ship's time and return by the "on-board" time noted in the Cruise Compass and announced on the ship.  Most travelers return at least an hour early to avoid long lines at the pier.

Now if you are at a port that tenders, you will be advised on how to get a tender ticket and disembark.

Bottomline: If you arrive by 7AM you can be off the ship by 8AM, but it does depend on a variety of factors.  So always listen to the public address system.