xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - May 6, 2023 - May 13, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Yes the formula 1 race is in Miami that weekend.  The race is on Sunday,  but the qualifying and practices are on Friday and Saturday. The race location is between FLL and Miami.   We might use our Marriott rewards points and stay near Miami port.  On Jan. 2023 cruise we stayed near FLL because Harmony sailed out of Port Everglades.  

18 minutes ago, RCLblue10 said:

Yes the formula 1 race is in Miami that weekend.  The race is on Sunday,  but the qualifying and practices are on Friday and Saturday. The race location is between FLL and Miami.   We might use our Marriott rewards points and stay near Miami port.  On Jan. 2023 cruise we stayed near FLL because Harmony sailed out of Port Everglades.  

Yup, that’s why I think hotel prices are higher.  I think we paid less than $150 in October.  Your plan to get from FLL to a Miami hotel?

26 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yup, that’s why I think hotel prices are higher.  I think we paid less than $150 in October.  Your plan to get from FLL to a Miami hotel?

So based on our Jan. cruise which was this:  We arrived at FLL airport around 8:45am.  We decided to rent a car because if we got to the Marriott Renaissance near the FLL port to early by uber then we would just sit there in the lobby with our luggage.  Our room was ready around 2pm so we did sightseeing along the FLL beaches to bide the time.  Of course we had to return the rental at the FLL airport late that night.  The we took uber from Marriott to Port Everglades (8 minute ride).

Having said all that (sorry) we will probably get a rental at FLL airport (we are arriving the same time - 8:45am) and drive to Miami and do sightseeing while waiting for room to be ready. 

I don't know who did it in real life, but whoever that person is -- you are my hero. That person being the one with the imagination and determination to move their stateroom bed out onto their balcony.  So apparently that is a no-no.  But in that spirit, I want to see if I can find a hammock I can bring that would pass as luggage. Assemble it on the balcony and live the good life 🙂

14 hours ago, Davnbet said:

Yes. But was cheaper, and the earlier flight I originally had at 11:39 am I was afraid could miss if there are issues getting off the ship in time or heavy traffic to the airport. 

How do you plan on killing that time.  For me the issue would be lugging around so many bags.  I will be getting to the airport early enough as it is. I guess I could lay waste to the AA lounge. 🙂

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

How do you plan on killing that time.  For me the issue would be lugging around so many bags.  I will be getting to the airport early enough as it is. I guess I could lay waste to the AA lounge. 🙂

I'm not sure. Probably just wing that part. We may just be really familiar with the airport lol. But earlier flight at 4:30 was over double the price of the 8:30 flight. So 4 more hours won't kill us. 

2 hours ago, Davnbet said:

Wow it must be where you live. Our airline tickets through AA weren't that bad. Round trip for two was approx $600. 

Yeah, might be. We fly out of CVG, but yeah two people one way was like $800. Plus I won't do layovers because I don't want to risk cancellations or delays.

36 minutes ago, Lexster said:

Yeah, might be. We fly out of CVG, but yeah two people one way was like $800. Plus I won't do layovers because I don't want to risk cancellations or delays.

Our flights are nonstop. We have to drive about 1 1/2 hours to fly out of Nashville. If we flew out of Huntsville which is closer then tickets were higher like you said. It's a smaller airport so I guess that is why. 

1 hour ago, Lexster said:

Have you looked at flying out of IND?  They have a ton of Florida service.  It will be so much easier later this year when you can fly to MCO and take the train to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.  MCO is usually a lot cheaper.

4 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Have you looked at flying out of IND?  They have a ton of Florida service.  It will be so much easier later this year when you can fly to MCO and take the train to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.  MCO is usually a lot cheaper.

Yep, I checked those. Unfortunately, it's not much cheaper, especially since I'll only do non-stop flights. It's ultimately cheaper for us to rent a car that we'll have for a week and yet only use for maybe a total of two days than getting plane tickets for four people.

10 hours ago, Lexster said:

We're down to 61 days! That's two months! Getting pretty excited.

I'd like to file a complaint against the person managing the calendar.  They are marking off days far too slow for my liking lol.   I know what is going to happen.  I'm going to whine about how slow the time is going and I will end up scrambling like a crazy person to get ready in the few days before the cruise.

Yup proud member of the OCD packing club.  It does help that we are not normally using our summer clothes at home when we cruise.  And both hubby & son need Garanimals for men!  I use dry cleaning bags to pack and I will put “outfits” together for them so my husband doesn’t pair green shorts with a blue & tan shirt (yup, I have pictures!).   If I start early, I can see if everyone has enough clothes/socks/underwear etc.  Then it all gets organized and the week before it all gets cross packed in suitcases.  This way, on a 7 day trip, even if they lose one of our bags, we’d all have 3-4 days worth of clothes.  It’s a system and my family has learned not to get in my way!

I fly down to Florida on May 5th. I will pack on May 4th.  Waiting until the last minute to pack is what I do. Don't worry about me forgetting something. I pack just about everything 🙂   I've been doing this for years and it works.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:57 AM, Jonesy said:

Well AA has now moved our flight back home up to 6:55 departure instead of 8:30. So maybe by the time we actually fly home we will leave a little earlier 😜

I have set up in a word document:

flights down with all conf #s

precruise hotel conf #s and phone number to call for shuttle from airport

shuttle from hotel to port conf # & phone #
cruise reservation #s

excursion confirmations for each port

shuttle conf# for return to FLL

Flights back with conf #s

plus whatever other OCD information I can add!!  I will have a hard copy plus will email a copy to everyone to save on their phones.

13 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I have set up in a word document:

flights down with all conf #s

precruise hotel conf #s and phone number to call for shuttle from airport

shuttle from hotel to port conf # & phone #
cruise reservation #s

excursion confirmations for each port

shuttle conf# for return to FLL

Flights back with conf #s

plus whatever other OCD information I can add!!  I will have a hard copy plus will email a copy to everyone to save on their phones.

I do a similar thing in an Excel spreadsheet for tracking info for the cruise.

I have an idea.  Who is up for a check-in party at midnight on the 22nd?  There are a few conference services we can use.  I am trying to remember which one is free with a time limit.  Since none of us (assuming) are pretty at midnight, we could just limit it to a voice conference.

17 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I have an idea.  Who is up for a check-in party at midnight on the 22nd?  There are a few conference services we can use.  I am trying to remember which one is free with a time limit.  Since none of us (assuming) are pretty at midnight, we could just limit it to a voice conference.

A fun idea! Only issue is I likely wouldn't be able to be on super long since I usually just check-in right before going to sleep. Google has a free conference system called Meet, doesn't even have a time limit.

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

I'll have to go to bed right after check-in too.  I have to be up at 6am my time which is central time.  At some point this week, I'll see if I can get an invite set up.

It's pretty simple. You start  meeting and you can get a link which you can paste for people to join.

I think I might need to use a VPN connection on Tuesday.  My days remaining don't change at 11pm central time which is midnight eastern time.  I think I'll use an east coast VPN and hopefully gets around the time issue.  Unless that days remaining thing isn't accurate and has nothing to do with checking in.

4 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I think I might need to use a VPN connection on Tuesday.  My days remaining don't change at 11pm central time which is midnight eastern time.  I think I'll use an east coast VPN and hopefully gets around the time issue.  Unless that days remaining thing isn't accurate and has nothing to do with checking in.

Hm, yeah I'm not sure how that works, I didn't think about folks in other time zones!

On 3/13/2023 at 2:01 PM, Lexster said:

It's pretty simple. You start  meeting and you can get a link which you can paste for people to join.

Since I've never used this before, would you mind setting up the link for the call tomorrow?  I was thinking of jumping in around 11-ish.

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Since I've never used this before, would you mind setting up the link for the call tomorrow?  I was thinking of jumping in around 11-ish.

Sure thing. You can either go to the link or dial in if desired.

meet.google.com/svk-ohoo-oto  Or dial: (US) +1 484-909-0164  PIN: 108 679 460#  More numbers: t.meet/svk-ohoo-oto