Roatan - Mayan Eden vs Gumbalimba

IzzyB

Has anyone done either of these tours to give me opinion.  Both preservation/animal type parks, one you are with sloths the other not.  But the Mayan is cheaper and the one with sloths, so not sure if overall the Gumbalimba is a better park to be at even without interactions with the sloths.

We did the Gumbalimba tour with the zipline package. Overall we enjoyed it, plenty of interaction with the macaws and monkeys. They pointed out a couple sloths that were in the trees but that was the extent of it. We were personally okay with that. We liked that we could stick around after the zipline & tour, and just hang out at their private beach (there's also a fresh water pool) until the last bus left to return to the ship.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:23 PM, KJones said:

We did the Gumbalimba tour with the zipline package. Overall we enjoyed it, plenty of interaction with the macaws and monkeys. They pointed out a couple sloths that were in the trees but that was the extent of it. We were personally okay with that. We liked that we could stick around after the zipline & tour, and just hang out at their private beach (there's also a fresh water pool) until the last bus left to return to the ship.

I am trying to decide whether going back to the ship and doing activities with no crowds or going to the beach on island is better.  We will have beach day at cococay and live in Florida, so maybe that is why ship activities seem better, but my husband thinks hanging around and doing beach is better.