Dining Attire - 1st time family cruise

The Allens

I was reviewing the dining attire by day on my RC app, and was wondering how strict this is - for example they reference that shorts are welcome for breakfast or lunch.  Does this mean on casual nights that we can't wear a nice outfit that might include dressier shorts for dinner?  Thanks!

6 hours ago, The Allens said:

I was reviewing the dining attire by day on my RC app, and was wondering how strict this is - for example they reference that shorts are welcome for breakfast or lunch.  Does this mean on casual nights that we can't wear a nice outfit that might include dressier shorts for dinner?  Thanks!

On nights marked casual you'll see a lot of dockers or jeans on men. On tropical night those same long pants might be paired with a brightly colored tropical shirt.  On Dress your best/Formal night, you'll slacks and dress shirts plus whatever else you might fancy.  The majority of diners don't wear shorts to the MDR, but some do, as previously mentioned.  Since there are more casual venues (like Windjammer), many people follow the guidelines in the Cruise Compass for the Main Dining Room.  Bottomline:  Everyone is welcomed at the MDR but please don't wear swimsuits and flip-flops.

I wear casual dresses and flip flops every night except formal night when I break out the fancy flip flops normally called sandals with a more upscale dress.  Hubby wears nice shorts, polo shirts and his flip flops transitioning to dress pants shirt/tie & actual shoes for formal night. It’s just hubby & I next time.  We are foregoing formal night completely.  Neither of us has a desire to lug dress clothes anymore.

• 1 month later...