Royal up wonder of seas to bid ??

Hi guys.  First time cruiser. I chose a mid ship on floor 6 for med trip on few weeks.  Got the royal up offer.    Looking at interior with promenade or Central Park.   Floors 7 and 9.   All seem to be midship also ?

for a first time cruiser any advice worth punt or stay in prebook Room?   Is it claustrophobic with no window 

I would take a punt on the ocean view but really want midship and all ocean views seam to be at front 

Hi and welcome. 😊

If you have an "true" interior (i.e. no window) at all and it's within your budget to bid on a promenade or central park view room, I'd say go with it.

One thing to watch for, however, is that Royal class the Boardwalk view rooms (the ones with no balcony; there are only a few of them, all on deck 7) as promenade view interiors too, and they are located aft, overlooking the boardwalk. So, if you bid on an interior with promenade view and you win your bid, you could be allocated a room overlooking the Royal Promenade, which is indoors midship OR a boardwalk view room, which is actually exterior overlooking the boardwalk.

The Central Park view rooms are all midships due to the location of Central Park.

Hope this helps. 🙂

38 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Hi and welcome. 😊

If you have an "true" interior (i.e. no window) at all and it's within your budget to bid on a promenade or central park view room, I'd say go with it.

One thing to watch for, however, is that Royal class the Boardwalk view rooms (the ones with no balcony; there are only a few of them, all on deck 7) as promenade view interiors too, and they are located aft, overlooking the boardwalk. So, if you bid on an interior with promenade view and you win your bid, you could be allocated a room overlooking the Royal Promenade, which is indoors midship OR a boardwalk view room, which is actually exterior overlooking the boardwalk.

The Central Park view rooms are all midships due to the location of Central Park.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thanks.     Ocean view spacious looks good only a few rooms at front in deck 11.   I fear loads of movement at front 🤦🤦🤦

0C15A5D4-5F8E-4B72-96BC-E0470600049C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Southsider said:

Thanks.     Ocean view spacious looks good only a few rooms at front in deck 11.   I fear loads of movement at front 🤦🤦🤦

0C15A5D4-5F8E-4B72-96BC-E0470600049C.jpeg

I have sailed at the very front on deck 7 on both Oasis and Harmony and never noticed any difference in the movement to what I experienced midships on deck 3. Admittedly, the conditions of the sea at the time of the sailing ultimately dictate how comfortable or uncomfortable any sailing is.

I actually have one of these booked for Anthem of the Seas next year.

5 hours ago, Southsider said:

Ocean view spacious looks good only a few rooms at front in deck 11.

Also, realize that just because there are available rooms in an area now, doesn't mean that's where you will be assigned if you do get a Royal Up -- other people will also be bidding and moving up, so you may very likely end up in a cabin that does not show as available right now. 

13 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Showing no available rooms apart from balcony for my date but I know there’s various allocations.     Will take a punt on that and already done it for the interior boardwalk thingy 

Good luck! 🤞