Surge Protectors/Suppressors?

This is not intended to challenge anyone that has experienced the titled from being confiscated at an embarkation.  I've had this question on my  mind for a long time.  Many folks, including me a few times a long time ago, have advised newbies that Surge Protectors/Suppressors are prohibited on a Royal ship.  

HOWEVER, I can't find anywhere on Royal's FAQ in the Prohibited Items list that actually prohibits them.  I personally have taken a multiple outlet plus USB onboardL, with surge protector, without incident.  Don't know if I got away with it or if, in fact, they are authorized.  Has anybody found another source that the one linked below that actually states that the titled are prohibited?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Q

What items are prohibited onboard a Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship?

A

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords   NOTE:  NO MENTION OF SURGE PROTECTORS/SUPPRESSORS
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Exceptions can be made for the following sporting goods; however, the item must be stored in the guest’s stateroom and cannot be used onboard.

• Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, and Golf clubs
  • Skateboards, Surfboards, and Bicycles

The no mention of surge protectors doesn't matter because they'll confiscate 'em everytime. 

In short, security can't be bothered to inspect every extension cord to determine if there's surge protector or not (or that the function actually works).

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

The no mention of surge protectors doesn't matter because they'll confiscate 'em everytime. 

In short, security can't be bothered to inspect every extension cord to determine if there's surge protector or not (or that the function actually works).

I understand that, as I stated in an earlier thread that it only counts what Royal says.  But, I was just looking to find out if there is anything in writing about it that isn't as easy to find.  But, thanks anyway!

Didn't find mention on the US site. However, they are mentioned as banned in the Australian FAQ. 

Q: Can I bring an extension cord/power board onboard?
A: Guests cannot bring electrical extension cords, including power boards or surge protected power boards.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/can-i-bring-an-extension-onboard?country=AUS

10 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Didn't find mention on the US site. However, they are mentioned as banned in the Australian FAQ. 

Q: Can I bring an extension cord/power board onboard?
A: Guests cannot bring electrical extension cords, including power boards or surge protected power boards.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/can-i-bring-an-extension-onboard?country=AUS

Good job!  Thanks

3 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

Good job!  Thanks

Oops, that's the Australian site.  That doesn't take away my appreciation though, not one bit.

Edited by Moby Dick
Sorry, when I saw your post with the link, I just clicked on the link. I didn't read that you said it was from Australia. My bad!

I have never be bothered with power blocks (110V/5V_USB or just 5V_USB).  They have sometimes unplugged them when cleaning and so I try to remember to always do that myself when leaving the room.  BUT, they do not like extension cords even for ligit reasons like a CPAP.  They always offer to replace mine with their ugly ones...

24 minutes ago, YOLO said:

BUT, they do not like extension cords even for ligit reasons like a CPAP.  They always offer to replace mine with their ugly ones...

LOL, that was our experience on the Symphony a couple year ago.  I/we no longer take our CPAPs while traveling, not because of anything Royal did, just a preference not to lug around so much crap.  Anyway, when we got into our bedroom there was this 50 or a 100 foot yellow/orange extension cord and it looked like one of the crew ran over to a construction site and stole the cord.  It had grease, all kinds of discolorings, and just a bunch of crap on it.  As it turned out, we didn't really need it because there was 120 plugs on both sides of the bed.  Interesting to note, only one cord though(but two one gallon jugs of distilled water) and it only had one plug on it.  There was two of us, both using CPAPs and we were both registered in the special needs part of their site.  We just threw the cord under the bed.  Yes, we did call to have someone come and get it but they never did.  As far as I know, it's still there LOL.