Opening Day Booking

TheParkers

About 2 years ago I checked a cruise on opening morning at 6:00 A.M (EST), it was unbelievably cheap, suites for balcony prices.  I decided to wait until I got to work to book the cruise I wanted.  WOW, big mistake!  When I got to work at 7:45 A.M. (EST) the price had almost doubled. For those of you that have booked as soon as bookings open do you find they are at rock bottom prices and they just start climbing from there?

Guest toodle68

I read in one article (I think the RC earnings conf call) that they base the price on demand to slow or speed up bookings.  They don't want to sell out too quickly. So I assume that once they have reached a certain number of bookings on opening day, they will increase the price..  That is my guess based on all I have read.

About 2 years ago I checked a cruise on opening morning at 6:00 A.M (EST), it was unbelievably cheap, suites for balcony prices.  I decided to wait until I got to work to book the cruise I wanted.  WOW, big mistake!  When I got to work at 7:45 A.M. (EST) the price had almost doubled. For those of you that have booked as soon as bookings open do you find they are at rock bottom prices and they just start climbing from there?

How do you know/where can one find out when opening morning for a future cruise will be?

My experience is that they are usually at the lowest but i would not characterise them as "rock bottom" prices they are usually not amazing deals, just the lowest price until you get to the other end of the spectrum and get into the "inside final payment window".

However, what does seem to happen every year is that they screw up and load bad pricing for some number of cruises. Last year IIRC it was on Junior Suites for the Adventure of the Seas. They were priced below the Inside Cabins so for a couple of hours if you jumped on that deal you got incredible pricing, however, they quickly figured it out and took those cruise offline until they could correct the prices.

How do you know/where can one find out when opening morning for a future cruise will be?

I think Matt had an article up in the last couple of weeks with the schedule for new itinerary rollout. Basically throughout March they will be releasing the balance of the 2018 schedule and going through sometime in Spring of 2019. Different ships/areas of the world get released at different times during the month.