Georgetown Grand Cayman - to do?

RobWhatley

Hey Gang,

Anyone know of a "reputable guide" to take us around the area at Georgetown?  Would we even need one?  I'm not sure

how much there really is to "see".....most of the ship excursions involve "beach time", and Cindy doesn't "enjoy" the sun.

(too many skin cancers and surgeries)  She's fine if there is someplace she can spend most of the time out of direct Sun.

I've heard Matt say his Family's Found a "guide" at a different port, and it was awesome.

We're going to Nachi cocom while at Cozumel.  Looking for something to do, off the beaten

path, at Georgetown, and Puerto Costa Maya that might not involve the "beach"/all day sun.

Would love to hear any input/thoughts on the subject from you that have been there...

It's great to be able to ask these kinds of questions to the ones that have gone before us....

Best,

Rob

Hey Gang,

Anyone know of a "reputable guide" to take us around the area at Georgetown?  Would we even need one?  I'm not sure

how much there really is to "see".....most of the ship excursions involve "beach time", and Cindy doesn't "enjoy" the sun.

(too many skin cancers and surgeries)  She's fine if there is someplace she can spend most of the time out of direct Sun.

I've heard Matt say his Family's Found a "guide" at a different port, and it was awesome.

We're going to Nachi cocom while at Cozumel.  Looking for something to do, off the beaten

path, at Georgetown, and Puerto Costa Maya that might not involve the "beach"/all day sun.

Would love to hear any input/thoughts on the subject from you that have been there...

It's great to be able to ask these kinds of questions to the ones that have gone before us....

Best,

Rob

Rob,

There is a Margaritaville in Gerogetown GC. Pretty decent hamburgers and other food, balcony seating overlooking, the port and lots of Jimmy Buffet music & videos and shade. 

It's not georgetown, but I've used cayman eco adventures twice now for tours and they are awesome ... both times around 12 people on the excursion.  it's sting rays, snorkeling, and starfish beach. $60 per adult I think.  SO worth it. They pick you up at cruise port.  Fruit/water provided and they sell beers on the boat as well. 

you stop at stingray city and there are ship tour boats with 50+ people crammed on to them... they look crazy. This is much more chill/less people. 

http://www.caymanecoadventures.com/

We are going to Georgetown next month (30 days and counting whoo hoo) and we are going to the Cayman Distillery Co for a tour and taste testing of their 15 different liquors. It's $15 per person and we reserved directly through their website. We are then going to check out shops and do lunch somewhere. We have such big excursions planned the 2 days following, we wanted a nice leisure day in Georgetown.