newbie question

finzup

First RC cruise (i've cruised other lines)

I am looking in my cruise manager on RC's website, and next to the price it says, 

"Prices shown reflect the Exclusive Rate that you have selected. A valid driver's license or state-issued ID; U.S. or Canadian military ID; or U.S. or Canadian local, state or federal law enforcement, fire department, or EMT employment badge or ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility for the applicable Exclusive Rate. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or otherwise will be denied boarding." 

are they saying that i'll be denied boarding without proper identification OR are they saying I booked at some special rate that requires some special identification?  I did not book any special rate (other than one of their advertised sales) . I don't see anyplace where it mentions any details about any sort of exclusive rate. 

The choices they list include US drivers license which I have (although I typically don't bring my license, only a passport).. so should I not worry? 

Is this just boilerplate text for everyone? 

thanks

Did you book directly or via a travel agent? And did you book a resident rate?

It sounds like boilerplate text, but obviously I don't want you to forget something you need.

Hi, i booked directly on their site, during the January 3rd advertised sale. 

as far as I know, I did not book a resident rate (although I think it asked me which state I live in, which I would've filled in) 

is there anywhere on their site that shows if I booked an "exclusive rate"  ? I'm not seeing anything. 

You might check the cruise doc you may have received after booking the cruise and placing a deposit. The rate should be outlined there.  Like you said, doubt you booked a resident rate based on what you said. If all else fails, try calling RC.

I wish I could give you more specific assistance, but I always book with a travel agent so that they can deal with these kind of issues  :lol:

actually could it be that it's a kids sail free rate for the 3rd and 4th guest ? 

and oddly enough, i never got an e-mail confirmation of the booking (i'm a nut about saving emails and it definitely didn't arrive (or go into spam)) 

I do see the booking online.