LA Hotels

15 minutes ago, baltodave said:

We are taking Navigator out of Los Angeles the first week of December.

Right now, I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel for the night before the cruise.

Thanks!

If you are only coming in for one night, not looking to do any real sightseeing, just relaxing...Stay in San Pedro.

Only two hotels I recommend:

Crowne Plaza or Doubletree.  I've stayed in both before recent cruises.  

Doubletree is off in a quiet part of town, downchannel from the port at the yacht marina--nice hotel, picturesque environment...but a little distant from most restaurants (Only the 22nd Street Landing--Seafood is within walking distance) and from the port.  But the hotel will shuttle you for free to both the port and to restaurants in the Downtown San Pedro area.

Crowne Plaza is in the heart of Downtown San Pedro...only about a three block walk to the cruise terminal...but they will also shuttle you to the pier for $5 pp.  A large number of restaurant choices within two blocks of the hotel (We usually end up eating at the San Pedro Brewing Company and/or the Green Onion--both less than a block from the hotel).

11 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

If you are only coming in for one night, not looking to do any real sightseeing, just relaxing...Stay in San Pedro.

Only two hotels I recommend:

Crowne Plaza or Doubletree.  I've stayed in both before recent cruises.  

Doubletree is off in a quiet part of town, downchannel from the port at the yacht marina--nice hotel, picturesque environment...but a little distant from most restaurants (Only the 22nd Street Landing--Seafood is within walking distance) and from the port.  But the hotel will shuttle you for free to both the port and to restaurants in the Downtown San Pedro area.

Crowne Plaza is in the heart of Downtown San Pedro...only about a three block walk to the cruise terminal...but they will also shuttle you to the pier for $5 pp.  A large number of restaurant choices within two blocks of the hotel (We usually end up eating at the San Pedro Brewing Company and/or the Green Onion--both less than a block from the hotel).

Thanks!  Actually, we'll be in Culver City for a wedding with most of the wedding guests leaving Sunday afternoon.  The cruise leaves on Monday so we're looking to switch hotels to be a bit closer to the cruise terminal.