cruise.com for bookings

Guest toodle68

Guest toodle68

Anyone use cruise.com for bookings?  I just went through selecting a cruise and a room.. which is right next to the one I have already booked and they show it as $300 cheaper for 2 people. That is like for like, with taxes and fees etc.   Their visuals on the deck / room selections are way better than on RC.com..

Total price with taxes on rc.com is  $1,969.06

For the room next door on cruise.com it is $1,622.74

I have not taken it all the way to confirming so no idea if something else is added, but curious is anyone else has used cruise.com

The cruise lines don't allow for discounting of cruises, so the priced paid through Royal should be the same. My best guess, which I've found happen on other sites, is that the port taxes haven't been added in yet and those will be added at the end of the booking process. The other possibility is that there's a new sale (e.g., resident promotion), but that would show up on Royal's site, too.

Doc is correct. RC's price integrity program mandates that everyone sell their cruises at the same price. That being said, many of the larger online booking outlets have the ability to provide substantial booking incentives above what the cruise line offers such as OBC, free gratuities, etc. Of course, for what you get in monitory incentives, you may give up in service.

Above replies are true. The prices are basically the same as RCI, the difference is the perks. OBC and free gratuities are the reason to book with any travel agent.

The caveat is if there is a price drop on your booked cabin class, or a higher class cabin comes available for a few bucks more, etc.....YOU will have to call Cruise.com and have them call RCI to take advantage of these offerings. 

If they are not offering any perks, I would book with the cruise line direct.