Has anyone taken the train from Ravenna to Venice?

Hello. I tried searching for this specific topic but seems like most are interested in getting from Venice to Ravenna. We will be disembarking on Sunday May 15th at Ravenna. I was wondering if anyone has recently taken the train from Ravenna station to San Lucia Venice?  I would imagine there would be plenty of taxis to take us from the port to the train station. Please correct me if this assumption is wrong. My other concern is if I need to pre-book the train tickets, my acquaintance suggested that obtaining a train ticket is rather easy. However I would imagine that plenty of cruise passengers leaving the port would have the same idea that day. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't really have any interest in booking anything through RCL as they have not been the most reliable from my experience. TIA

I would google and Youtube Italian train journeys, to get an idea of what they are like. In my opinion they are unique and might not be as easy as paid transfers especially when travelling with luggage. At least from my experience, I am comparing to UK, France, and Spain train journeys.

Thanks to those who responded. I shall go ahead and purchase in advance. This cruise was sort of planned hastily and when my wife kept saying it ended in Venice, I urged her to stay at least one night in Venice afterwards.  I had no idea that Ravenna was about 3 hours away until last night! I think its somewhat disingenuous of RCL to designate Ravenna as being quite proximal to Venice. I understand that this is common practice ( Rome/Civitavecchia  Orlando/Port Canaveral), but in this case its about 3 hours away!