Royal Up Star Class Effects on Pre-purchased Amenities

Just curious...

Star class suites offer pre-paid gratuities, UDP, DBP, and internet.

My understanding is that once you pay for something like the UDP, once on board, you cannot cancel them.  I may be wrong.

What happens if you prepaid for all of these amenities and you get your Royal Up offer for a star class suite accepted while on board (ie: while having dinner on embarkation day).

Can you get refunds for the amenities that should now be included but that you already paid for?

19 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Just curious...

Star class suites offer pre-paid gratuities, UDP, DBP, and internet.

My understanding is that once you pay for something like the UDP, once on board, you cannot cancel them.  I may be wrong.

What happens if you prepaid for all of these amenities and you get your Royal Up offer for a star class suite accepted while on board (ie: while having dinner on embarkation day).

Can you get refunds for the amenities that should now be included but that you already paid for?

While I can't answer your question directly, I can offer what my Genie sent me in an email yesterday.  If anything, it shows that pre-paid items can be refunded while onboard:

Chefs Table (Wine Pairing Dinner) – (Only vaccinated guests) - There would be an additional cost of $25pp plus service charge for Star Class guests. The dinner would take approximately 3 hours. We only have 1 Chefs Table. Should you wish to dine at this venue, I would recommend reserving this on the day of your choice online prior to the cruise. Once you come onboard, I will have it refunded and only the $25pp + service fee will be charged to your onboard account. 

My understanding for this is that if you're upgraded after you are able to cancel them in the cruise planner then it turns into on-board credit that can be refunded to you at the end of the cruise.  

So you'd get a refund to your on board payment method for the packages you would no longer need. I don't know how long after your cruise it would take to get that credit applied back to your payment method.